About Graham Pridham
People Management & Development and Strategic Human Resources Specialist
Graham’s professional career spans over 25 years and includes senior Human Resource Management responsibilities in large companies, and consulting to government, NFP and private sectors in the areas of strategic HRM, cultural development, people optimisation, leadership, performance management, talent acquisition and growth, workforce planning and job/organisational design.
In recent times Graham worked closely with both start-up and established SMEs to help develop and implement practices that aligned people activities to the markets those businesses operated in. His advice, counsel and support enabled better alignment of leadership, team and individual activities to achieve greater levels of engagement internally and with business goals. He knows what matters to SMEs – improved revenue, lower costs, and greater efficiencies.
Professionally Graham holds a Masters Degree in Global Human Resource Management from the University of Liverpool, UK which proved to be of great use when consulting to overseas governments and brings this and his industry experience to Gibsons Consulting clients.
Graham is a strategic thinker with a strong HR and business background who comes from the business end first to build compelling and engaging processes that align organisations to their business strategy.
He integrates key business, systems and people issues to guide an organisation’s people and the business to move forward. Graham demonstrates significant objectivity, strong challenges and robust constructive questioning to find solutions to complex issues in pursuit of better outcomes.
He knows how to get the best engagement and alignment people to achieve operational objectives always with an eye to the business’s strategic objectives. Put simply, Graham’s knowledge and experience find solutions to having the right people in the right place doing the right things and the right time.
It’s been said many times that “Culture eats strategy for breakfast”. Graham has developed HR professionals into value adding business partners, improved HR systems to deliver outcomes and not outputs, and aligned values, leadership and behaviours to enable growth.
Capabilities and Specialisations
Achieving success only happens when Graham’s clients are successful and he does this in partnership using strategic and operational skills along with great people skills that motivate and drive outcomes.
Key capabilities include:
- Strategy & Planning
- Organisational Cultural Development
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Organisational Design and Re-Design
- Top Down and Bottom Up Goal Alignment
- Talent Pools & Pipelines
- Performance Management
- HR People and Process Improvement
- Learning & Development
- Employee Engagement
- Compensation & Benefit Design
- Retention Strategies
- Talent Attraction & Employee Value Proposition
- Policies and Procedures
- Compliance Risk Management
- Career Planning
- Competency Frameworks
Examples of Successful Consulting Engagements
Graham brings an in-depth understanding of people and extensive experience in how they work best in organisations, in all kinds of circumstances and industries. Working with businesses of varying sizes, Graham has successfully guided organisations from establishing good practice and policies to achieving maximum flow and retention of its people.
- Transformed a large Local Government through the design and implementation of a tailor-made competency framework, a new career planning process, succession planning and talent management, the implementation of best practice HR processes, improved leadership and employee engagement, and the development HR staff’s technical and business partnering skills.
- Reduced a massive financial cash outflow of a new start-up software company to a sustainable and targeted cash inflow by working closely with the owner and investor, the people employed in the business and its functional mangers.
- Engaged by a private investor, a critical review of an R&D facility resulted in discontinuation of large unwarranted on-going investments due to the organisation’s inability (people and infrastructure) to bring its research to market and hidden substantial costs crippling future profits. No near-term prospect of recovery and/or transformation resulted in the closure of that business.
- Improved teacher retention, improved staff satisfaction, achieved higher levels of employee engagement, and a substantial reduction in recruitment costs for a State education authority that operated 250 schools and employed over 14,000 teachers.
- Improved the profitability of a people intensive business by advising the owners on matter of day-to-day operations, functions and efficiency opportunities, and growth options related to market positioning, cost effectiveness, and revenue growth. Advice provided related to FWA laws, governance, and compliance ensured the business met its obligations.
- Aligned Head Office Human Resources with Regional HR services. Implemented best practice HR processes across the organisation. Led, coached and developed HR professionals that led to improved customer satisfaction with HR services. Improved employee engagement and contribution. Provided counsel and advice on Executive performances and development needs.
- Provided expert advice to a mid-sized organisation’s leadership to bring about a needed transformation from slow and sluggish to agile and responsive. This included strategic HRM, leadership development, learning & development, career planning and job families/ladders, values & culture, internal communications, teams & job design, work processes & systems, performance management, and rewards & recognition.
- Assessed and redesigned a Not For Profit’s (NFP) Human Capital systems, strategies, policies, processes and procedures to implement changes brought about by a 30% reduction in staffing levels. This included change management, HR capability review/changes, and the implementation of international best practices.
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Software Development for the Financial Services Sector
- Not For Profit
- Professional Services
- Labour Hire
- Oil & Gas
CONTACT US NOW