Qualifications: Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
Fellow of CPA Australia
Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
Bruce is a qualified accountant and his business philosophy is strongly based on his early career experiences within the Defiance Mills Limited Group, in both financial and management accounting roles.
In 1991 Bruce moved into a general management role via his appointment to the position of General Manager – Western Australia within the Defiance Mills Limited Group.
This role was followed over the next 6 years by several general management roles covering the flour milling division and FMCG/Food Service operations. In his final role with this group, Bruce was appointed the Group Business Development Manager and was responsible for Group M&A activity, new market/product investigation and analysis, and operational reviews.
In 19998 Bruce joined Lenard’s Chicken as Finance Manager and was responsible for all the day to day financial aspects of the business and for the design, development and implementation of a new computerised POS system and new procurement system within the business.
Bruce was appointed CEO of the Lenard’s business in 2000 and remained in that role until 2014. During his time as CEO, Bruce oversaw the development and growth of the business via several significant change programs that changed not only the retail front of the business, but also, the complete back-end operational, planning and administrative processes utilised by the business. These systems totally changed the Lenard’s business and drove efficiency gains as well as enabling the development of the business into new market segments and products. During his tenure at Lenard’s the business won several significant awards:
- 2012 Australian Retail Innovator of the Year – Australian Retail Awards
- 2012 The Australian Business Award for Innovation – The Australian Business Awards
- 2006 Best Food Retailer – National Retail Association
- 2005 Best Food Retailer – National Retail Association
- 2003 Best Franchisor – National Retail Association
- 2003 Best Marketing Initiative – National Retail Association
- 2003 Best Customer Service Initiative – National Retail Association
- 2002 Australian Retailer of the Year – Australian Retailers Association
Bruce has now joined Gibsons with the goal of using his extensive business experience to assist SME’s achieve what the desire from their businesses.
CONTACT US NOW